ThinLenses.co.uk are the High Index Lenses Specialists. Unlike most other websites and High Street Opticians we offer you the complete choice of both Plastic High Index Lenses and Glass High Index Lenses. Catering for all prescriptions, we have a wide variety of Plastic High Index Lenses ranging from standard Plastic 1.5 Index to top of the range super thin Plastic 1.74 Index Double Aspheric lenses.
We have a wide range of High Index Plastic Lenses which are both lightweight and durable. They are perfect for everyday wear including sports. The latest advances in High Index Lens technology allow Plastic lenses to be made thinner than ever. They are available in single vision, varifocal, transitions and double aspheric formats.
Plastic High Index lenses available from ThinLenses.co.uk:
- 1.5 Plastic High Index Lenses £ 38
- 1.61 Plastic High Index Lenses £ 57
- 1.67 Plastic High Index Lenses £ 89
- 1.74 Plastic High Index Lenses £ 129
Advantages of Plastic High Index Lenses
- Lightweight & durable
- Available for both single vision & varifocal
- They can be fitted into any type of frame including rimless and semi rimless.
- Can be tinted and made into Sunglasses
- Available with Transitions (which react with the level of UV light and will change from totally clear to dark in less than 60 seconds)
- Recommended for people with strong “plus” prescription (ie long or far sighted prescriptions)
- Also available as Double Aspheric lenses (they are surfaced on both sides to give a flatter and thinner look than standard high index lenses)
Disadvantages of Plastic High Index Lenses
- Even with a good quality scratch resistant coating, care still needs to be taken as plastic lenses are easy to scratch.
- For stronger prescriptions, the overall result will not be as thin as Glass High Index Lenses.
For the full range of High Index Lenses available from ThinLenses.co.uk Click here