ThinLenses.co.uk are the High Index Lenses Specialists. Unlike most other websites and High Street Opticians we offer a full range of High Index Lens options. The latest innovation in High Index Lens technology is Double Aspheric Lenses. Standard High Index Lenses are only surfaced on one side. Double Aspheric Lenses, which are also known as Bi Aspheric lenses, are surfaced on both sides of the lens giving them a much flatter & thinner look.
Super Flat Double Aspheric (or Bi Aspheric) Lenses available from ThinLenses.co.uk:
- 1.61 Plastic Double Aspheric Lenses £ 129
- 1.67 Plastic Double Aspheric Lenses £ 179
- 1.74 Plastic Double Aspheric Lenses £ 242
Advantages of Double Aspheric Lenses
- Flatter and thinner than standard High Index Lenses as they have been surfaced on both sides
Lightweight & durable
- Double Aspheric Lenses are available for both single vision & varifocal
- Can be tinted and made into Sunglasses
- Double Aspheric Lenses can be fitted into any type of frame including rimless and semi rimless
- Double Aspheric Lenses reduce the eye magnification or reduction problem some people have with stronger prescriptions
- Perfect for everyday wear including sports
Disadvantages of Double Aspheric Lenses
- Even with a good quality scratch resistant coating, care still needs to be taken as plastic lenses are easy to scratch.
- For stronger prescriptions, the overall result will not be as thin as Glass High Index Lenses.
For the full range of High Index Lenses available from ThinLenses.co.uk click here.